Monday, January 18, 2010

End of the Weekend

Well, I must say that it has been a very peaceful, enjoyable weekend. I got to read an entire book and get some stitching in. I know I had promised to post a photo, but it just does not look like anything get, so I will wait until the letters are a bit more recognizable. It is taking a little longer than I originally thought.

The rain just came down in buckets today and the wind just blew. There was about 45 minutes where it was clear and there was some blue sky. Liesl and I took the opportunity to take a 40 minute walk. She looked happy to be outside. We must be living right, because as we literally walked up to the door, the skies opened up and started pouring again. So we came in and got cozy for the rest of the day. I finally got the vacuuming done, so I played on the floor with Liesl for a while, then just relaxed with my stitching.

The Hummingbird Trellis is tempting me as my big project of the year. I do have all of the issues of Stoney Creek and the afghan that it requires. I am thinking that it would probably keep me warm in the evenings, too, as I stitch. I have to think long and hard about this, as I am starting my classes again soon, as well as some other activities, such as chorus. I would think that it would not be too terribly hard to stitch, and it really is gorgeous. I shall have to ponder.

Have a good week!

No comments: