Thursday, February 25, 2010

Staycation - Day 6

What a really great day. The weather was just beautiful, so Liesl and I started our day with another walk along the water in Pacific Grove. It was such a nice walk and we got our exercise in for the day. Liesie just trots along so happily. Then she also likes it when we stop and sit on a bench. She climbs right up on my lap and lets me wrap my arms around her so she does not shiver, and we just sit and watch the waves.

My cold is still making me feel rotten, but I needed to get some stuff done before the storm hits us. I actually made it into the craft room and got halfway done in there. Yay! I cleared some floor space because I was able to move two huge bags of clothes out of there. I have lost 25 pounds in the past few months, and so I went through my closet and dresser and got rid of the clothes that were way too big for me. So I took those bags to the donation stop, and went off to do my grocery shopping. After that I had to take care of business at the DMV. Once all of my errands were done, I decided to lay down to try to nurse my cold a bit. Liesl decided she was sick, too, and laid down with me. LOL I got under my blankets and got out my book. Next thing I knew, I was waking up from a long nap. Heaven.

It is supposed to rain really hard tomorrow, so I think we are housebound tomorrow. I would really like to rid myself of this cold. So perhaps it will be a pajama day. It will definitely be a stitching and reading day. I have finished the lettering on my Serenity Prayer and will be moving on to the vines and the pictures at the bottom. I am really pleased with it.

I am reading a really good book. I love, love, love, Barbara Kingsolver. I think she is an amazing writer. She has a new book out called "The Lacuna." It is so good so far. It is hard to decide between reading or stitching right now. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: