Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fun Day

Whoa, Nelly. Last week was crazy! It was nice to sleep in this morning and then head off to the beach for Liesl's playdate at 9am. The weather has been crazy gorgeous and in the 70's for the past week. So the beach was perfect. She loved her new terrier friend. Her friend is only a year old, and was full of energy. Liesl, at 3+ years, was a bit more tired. She came home, took her bath, then fell asleep. Usually she chases the vacuum cleaner, but today she looked at me like I was making too much noise and left the room. LOL It was so much fun to watch them play and look so happy.

I have to admit that I was tired, too. I took a quick nap then started my chores. I had to reorganize my stitching corner. I had been putting stuff in my stitching corner that did not belong there, and stitching items in other rooms of the house. It was time to set it all right. I pulled all of the stuff out of there that does not belong there and put needles, scissors, etc. back in the right spot so that they are there when I need them. I don't like it when I need something and have to go on an expedition in the house to find them. So all is right in my world now.

My day ended by going to the symphony. It was awesome. The evening ended with the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #3. It was incredible. My friend, who is an awesome musician in her own right, said that she felt so alive and awake after she heard it. The pianist was so amazing. I am so glad I went. I love classical music and this was spectacular.

So now I get to spend the last few minutes of the day with a small, beautiful little soul who was so happy to see me when I got home. We played for a few minutes and then she decided that she just wanted to have her neck scratched. She is so sleepy and is cuddled up to my feet. It is comforting to feel her warmth and look at her peaceful little puppy face. After all of the adventure of the day this is the perfect way to finish it.

No comments: