Monday, July 23, 2018

I Sincerely Apologize!

Oh, my goodness.  I am so sorry that I had not responded to all of the wonderful comments over the past couple of weeks.  Several years ago I had to turn on the comment moderation because not nice people were posting links to some bad websites in the comments (and they still try frequently).  Generally, I receive an email notification when someone posts a comment, which lets me know to check comments for moderation.   For some reason, Blogger decided to stop sending the notifications and I did not know to check the website.

It suddenly occurred to me today, that I had not received any comment notifications in the past few weeks.  Generally, there are two very nice ladies who comment on most posts and I got worried that something had happened to them.  So tonight I thought I would check the comments awaiting moderation section of Blogger.  I was so embarrassed to see that so many nice people had taken the time to leave condolences for the loss of my mother and generally heart warming messages.  I am so sorry that I did not figure out to look sooner.  I feel really badly that it happened.  Your comments really mean a lot to me and I am hopeful you were not thinking that I was rude and thoughtless.

I know to be a bit more vigilant in the future...




4 comments:

Marilyn said...

It's ok Patti,
Things happen and sometimes people are too busy with life happenings.
Take care.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Blogger changed back at the end of May due to the privacy changes overseas. Jo provided a fix for those having issues here, http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2018/06/finally-solution-to-comment.html . Hope this helps!

Daffycat said...

Patti, if you go in and delete the email address your notifications are sent to, SAVE and then put it back in and save again, it will turn it back on. Note, you have to save it between those actions.

Terri Patillo said...

No worries. We all get busy and blogs are usually the last thing we thing about!