Sunday, July 10, 2022

And the Hummingbird Drama Continues...

 Except now they have been joined by the butterflies.  LOL  I usually run my sprinklers in the early evening and the butterflies like to fly through the spray.  Usually, they are Monarchs and Painted Ladies.  On Friday evening, after work it was so pleasant outside.  I decided to mow and clean up the flower beds that I should have cleaned out in the early Spring.  So I sat down on the grass while I was digging out the weeds from heck.  Apparently, the butterflies are taking lessons from the hummingbirds, because they were fluttering right in front of my face and would not leave me alone.  Ultimately, I turned on the sprinklers and all was well in the world again.  Lesson learned.  Butterflies are bossy.  

I was kind of excited that 123stitch had Prairie Schooler Santa's on sale for Christmas in July.  I bought a few of them.  I like the cards the best.  I really like the colors that PS uses for these.  They are kind of rustic.  They are really fun to stitch, too.

As part of my home organization project, I decided to try to inventory my cross-stitch supplies.  I invested in Xstitch Plus for Iphone.  I really like it because I can finally inventory my DMC floss.  At one time I had a full set of DMC when they only had about 400 colors.  Back then you could keep a whole set in the old Trackers cases from Walmart.  They were originally made to hold toy cars.  I still have mine, but now I have extra storage and I still do not have a full set.  I don't really like the variegated floss from DMC so there is no need to include it in my inventory.

I haven't stitched as much as I have wanted lately.  I have been really focused on reorganizing, purging, and working in my yards.  I am getting a lot of exercise and feel pretty good about it.   I am considering painting the cozy cottage in September when we have our nicest weather here.  It will be nice to go into the fall and winter with so much done.  Hopefully, we will have lots of rain this winter.  The bonus would be lots of indoor time to craft in my organized space.

Have a wonderful week!







2 comments:

Marilyn said...

The Hummingbirds here love water.
When my husband turn on the spray, they flit in & out, they love to be out in the rain also.
Have fun with your organization!
Sounds like you are getting a lot done.
Marilyn

Mary said...

I have been so happy to catch up with your blog. Love reading about your stitching, life in Monterey (my daughter, granddaughter and my favorite place to go!) - and congratulations on your new grandson! You have a lot of fun and love to look forward to!
Hugs,
Mary