Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello, Autumn!

Wow!  The summer just flew by!  It has been a busy, busy time!  I have been taking really hard classes for my job, so it has not left a lot of time for stitching and blogging.  But I am learning a lot and like what I am doing.

I am so glad we put the sod in back in May.  Liesl loves her queendom and spends hours outside.  She was always joined at the hip with me, but this summer, her days are spent lying in the grass under the shade of the tree. Hours go by before she comes back inside. She loves to watch the landscape for any gopher that has the audacity to pop up in her yard.  Once she knows she has an intruder she will skip meals and everything to stand over a gopher hole.  She is so happy in her yard.  She is really happy when she gets to follow her daddy around while he works out there.  They have a very special relationship.  I wonder if she now sees him as the alpha because she will especially seek him out in certain circumstances.  If she needs to go out in the middle of the night she will go over to him and tap on his arm with her paw until he wakes up so he can go with her to protect her.  They are so cute together.  He says that she is very special to him, too.
 
Liesl had to supervise her daddy's construction project this weekend.  He was able to build the large raised bed garden box for the back side of the yard.  It is beautiful with gorgeous railing and corner brackets.  We decided on redwood for durability and look.  He did such a beautiful job.  The bottom is lined with chicken wire to keep the gophers out of our harvest.  We are getting ready to put in our fall garden, and have the seeds coming from Park Seed this week.  We will be growing lettuce, broccoli, Swiss Chard, spinach, and a really pretty radish.  This is the first try at fall gardening, but I am excited about getting started!
 
I was super stoked when I went to Target today!  Pumpkin stuff is out!  They had a nice big stock of International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer.  Yummy.  They also had Toll House Pumpkin Cheese cake cookies.  I bought a good supply of pumpkin goods and I am officially ready for Autumn. 
 
Hope you are having a happy season, too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back online. Good luck with your garden.My garden is coming to an end will be cleaning up and getting things ready for the winter months We live in Kentucky. Glad things are going good for you and your sweeties. Have a blessed day