Sunday, April 19, 2015

Progress!

I have not had much time to stitch lately but wanted to share my progress.  I am coming close to the end.  This is a fun piece to stitch.  I have some ornaments to stitch that are calling my name from my stitchy stash. 
 
Today was a really good day.  My sweetheart took me out for breakfast at our favorite breakfast place.   It was nice to sit, chat and relax.  Recently he bought me a really cool vertical planter for herbs, so afterwards we went to Costco to get huge bags of soil.  This planter has several levels.  I love cooking with fresh herbs, and I was able to plant whole seed packets in the planter.  It is really cool to garden this way.
 
Last year Bill built a huge raised bed for growing veggies.  We have a gorgeous selection of lettuces and spinach right now.  Lettuce you have grown from seed is especially delicious.  It really is fun to grow your own food, and I think it tastes even better than store bought.  I may have to research some delicious salad dressings to serve on top. 
 
So now it is a quiet evening.  Liesl is cuddled up to her daddy, sleeping.  I am thinking about the week ahead.  I am also thinking about what a beautiful weekend this has been.  Sometimes you get to have a weekend that almost feels like a mini vacation.  I am so grateful that this was the case this weekend.  What a blessing.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Love this piece! And you are so close to a finish!! Laura

Mary said...

Wow Patti, this sampler is just stunning! What is it? Keep going, you're nearly there!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Great Progress....Love the Colors

Happy Stitching