Sunday, August 28, 2016

Mission Accomplished!

I finished the baby quilt before the little one is in college!  This was a fun project and it is quite beautiful in person.  Up close there is a lot of "movement" in the design and the eye keeps moving.   I had fun with this one.  Now it is ready to be packaged and sent on to cuddle the new little recipient.  I think I will present it like this with a big grosgrain ribbon wrapped around it.
I was impressed because my sweetheart was marveling over the quilt.  He told me that people just do not realize how much work goes into something like this.  It was a labor of love but it was nice to know that he observed that it takes weeks of effort.
 
I have another quilt project lined up after this.  I am going to make Liesl her very own quilt.  Liesl is the queen of comfort so I think this will be something that will make her happy.  I was going to take some time between projects, but her daddy reminded me that it will be cold at night in about three months.  I have a Moda Frivols kit that looks so beautiful and colorful.  The Moda Frivols come with a collectible tin and are so adorable.  The one that I am doing is Frivols 8.  It has great colors and some really cute retro fabric cuts.  It makes me happy to think that she will have something made with love to cuddle up in at night. 
 
Hope you have a wonderful week filled with many blessings!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on the baby quilt finish! I really like the pattern and fabrics you used.

phylis said...

The baby quilt turned out beautiful. My goodness, you work fast.Seems as if, you just started it. Hope you and yours have a most wonderful holiday weekend.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such pretty colors and such a sweet quilt!

Patti said...

Thank you!