Sunday, June 19, 2022

I am a Meemaw!!!

 It has been an amazing 2022 so far.  I have been to Texas a couple of times already this year.  A couple of years ago my son and daughter-in-love bought an adorable home there.  It is so fun to spend time with them and my grand-dog, Odin, a black lab/German Shepherd mix that my son refers to as "78 pounds of determination."  LOL.  He is a goofy furboy and loves to sit on my lap.  

So, the last time that I was in Texas was mid-April when the kids had invited me to be around when my very first grandchild was born!!!  I was so honored to be included during such a special time.  I got there a couple of days before he was born and his momma and I got to have fancy pedicures.  The three of us got to have some fun and eat some yummy meals before the big day.   I stayed home with my grand-dog while she was in labor.  (30 hours!)  I was so excited when I got the call that my little grandson was here.  My son said I could come to the hospital to visit the little one, because he and his wife knew that I was beyond excited.  I fell in love immediately when I saw him.

Here is our sweet little Felix.  His name means "happy."

My grandma name is Meemaw.  My son said it is a traditional Texas name for grandma.  I can't wait until he calls me Meemaw.  I got to spend a another week or so with the little one and his parents before I returned to California and work.  I stayed to help with meals, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.  I am so happy I got to spend this special time with them and I will never forget it.  

My grand-dog, Odin, was so excited to meet Felix.  It was like he had known him already when they met.  It was amazing.  The two of them are going to be the best of friends.  The first time Felix cried, Odin went up and slurped the back of his little head as if to say, "It's okay little dude."  He stays close to Felix all of the time.  

My son and his wife are great parents.  They are so caring and just loving their family life.  I am so fortunate that I have been included all of the way since they first knew.  I can't wait until I get to go back.  I just love being with them in their home and I look forward to all of the great adventures ahead with this sweet little boy.


3 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations! He is lucky to have such a great meemaw!

Marilyn said...

Congrats on becoming a Meemaw!
Felix is too cute.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to you on becoming a Meemaw! He is so precious.