Friday, April 6, 2012

Made It To The Weekend

Whoa, Nelly!  Was I ever glad it was Friday today. It has been a very busy couple of weeks and I am feeling a bit rough around the edges.   It was really good to have church tonight as a way to cleanse all of the work stress away.  I have to confess that Holy Week is my favorite holiday week.  I feel very reflective during this this particular week. I feel so full of hope during Easter and it really comes home to me how much we are truly loved.  This is such a comfort to me.

It is still really cold here although the winds have died down.  After church I came home to have a quiet evening with my furgirl.  It was so oddly cold last night that she actually wanted up on the bed last night.  I woke up to her tapping on the mattress and a silhouette of little pointy ears in the dark.  She immediately got under the blankets and cuddled up to my side.  Then she would get too hot and get down on the hardwood floor, then it would be, "Momma, I'm cold..."  She was up and down several times during the night last night.  This is not normal for her.  Hopefully tonight she will be nice and comfy.

I am so glad that I got all of that housework done last night.  The house is pretty sparkly clean and I am looking forward to sleeping in and a leisurely cup of coffee.  I plan on cooking and baking most of the day to get ready for the masses coming over on Easter Sunday.  Hopefully, I will get some gardening and stitching in, too.  My BFF is going to try to come over tomorrow and I am hoping I can get some ideas for my yard.  She has taken landscape design classes and has a gorgeous yard.  I was thinking about taking a class myself.  

I am so grateful that I live in a really quiet neighborhood.  Very rarely does anyone on the street make much noise.  It makes it much easier to hear the birds singing in the trees on the street.  There are a couple of different bird calls around here that are so beautiful and musical.  I love to listen to them when I am walking Liesl in the early morning.  The bird calls make me happy.  

Off to cuddle my warm little furry girl...


No comments: