Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday Liesl Update

Thanks be to God!  So yesterday, I posted that the big hurdle for the day was for Liesl to eat something.  I cooked every single favorite food for her and took it to the hospital.  Liesl ended up eating two bites of salmon for which the staff and I were very happy.  Today, she has eaten a total of 14 1/2 bites of salmon and licked the bowl of all of the crumbs and fishy oil.  I go back tonight and will take more of all of her favorite foods.  Your prayers are so appreciated, and I wish I could express my gratitude personally to each end every person praying for her.  It means so much to me and my heart is swelled with gratitude.  

The other person to whom I am really grateful to on this journey is her daddy.  On Friday night, when she entered the hospital I called him sobbing and he was at the hospital within 10 minutes to be with her.  His presence and love for her have made a difference in her attitude and he comes at last once a day and just loves her up.  He has asked for any and all updates and makes her smile.  

Lastly, I am really thankful to my supervisor and the company I work for.  My hours are being flexed so that I can be with her at the hospital whenever they feel that she can have visitors.  I am truly grateful that I work with people who love animals, and I can not describe the relief that I feel that I will not be fired for taking care of my furgirl.  

I ask for your continued prayers.  We still have a ways to go so I appreciate every prayer sent up that contains Liesl's (pronounced Leesel's) name.

I will keep you updated with any new developments.  May God Bless you for caring about my very beautiful little furgirl.

8 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Such good news...Liesl is precious to Him.
Continued prayers for her complete recovery.

Heritage Hall said...

Such good news.... Liesl if precious to Him.
Continued prayers for her complete recovery.

Kris Sands said...

Great news Patti! Will continue to pray for Liesl...and you too.

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear sweet Liesl is doing better.
So nice that her Daddy comes to visit her.
Continued prayers for Liesl & you.
Marilyn

Bluebird said...

I was very happy to read this positive news! I am continuing to pray for Liesl and you as you continue to take care of her. Hope she makes a quick and complete recovery.
Mary

Patti said...

Such great news! Continued prayers to you & Liesl

Robin in Virginia said...

Patti, that is awesome news that she is eating a bit. Continuing to pray for her and for you!

Laura said...

Definitely continuing prayers for all of you!