Monday, February 13, 2023

I Love It When That Happens!

 

Admittedly, I am a stitching daredevil.  Living life on the edge, throwing caution to the wind...So it is always pretty exciting when I join two sides of a border or in this case, the wreath on this piece.  I do not graph my fabric or mark it in any way. I am old school and count my stitches and compare against the pattern often.  I am happy to report that everything lined up and I can breathe more easily.  I still have a lot of stitching to do on her, but the hardest part is over.  

Yesterday turned out to be a stitching day.  I had intended to paint my office/craft room, but it is really cold and windy here.  Like the wind cuts through you.  I could not get warm the entire day.  So I did not go to Home Depot to get my paint.  I hate to be cold.  

It was also meal prep day yesterday.  I try to make a couple of things for the fridge that I can just grab during the week.  One of my favorite lunches is a lentil, feta and bruschetta salad.  It is just so good.  I like really bright flavors.  The recipe is one that I found on a Trader Joe's Facebook page.  Unfortunately, for about the past year, Trader Joe's was having supply chain issues and did not have the bruschetta.  I finally gave up and found a copycat recipe that is fresh and so much better.   If you are interested both the salad and the bruschetta recipe can be found here: https://alexandracooks.com/2022/07/01/homemade-bruschetta-sauce-trader-joes-copycat-recipe/

It is so fresh tasting and a bit healthier than TJ's.  I buy the fresh Campari tomatoes at Costco to make mine and  I grow the basil on my countertop in my Aerogarden.  I also put a pinch of sugar in the mix to cut the acid in the tomatoes.  So delicious!  

So now that I have faced my fear with the Lady of the Needle, I am thinking about my other large WIP's.  The largest two are Teresa Wentzler's Fruit Bellpull and the Stoney Creek Hummingbird Trellis.  I might have to take a look at these two now that some time has passed.  Teresa Wentzler patterns are notorious for confetti stitching.  While the finished project is so beautiful, with the depth of color that comes with the variety of color, it can cease to be fun because there are no real blocks of one color.  The Hummingbird Trellis is just large, with blocks that are just white.  Two extremes.

Hoping you stay warm this week!


3 comments:

Marilyn said...

It's gorgeous!
Congrats on your finish.
Mailyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad the wreath edges met up! She is looking simply gorgeous.

Kris Sands said...

Absolutely stunning!