Saturday, February 11, 2023

Stitchy Progress!

 

I am close to closing the loop of the wreath.  Once I do that, I have to go through and fill in a lot of the places that I have missed.  Mark my words, I shall never stitch on black fabric again.  I feel like I am seeing triple.  It is really hard on the eyes.  I do love the way the finished product looks, but seriously.  

I woke up to total happiness today.  My son sent me a video text of my little 10 month old grandson taking some steps.  He just decided while he was standing that he was going to let go and start walking toward his daddy.  He had this determined little look on his face.  I am so proud of him but I can't believe how fast he is growing.

My craft room is in bad need of being painted.  I am thinking that tomorrow may be the day!  I have been looking at paint samples for in there for some time.  My craft room/office is blue and white.  I thought about blue walls, or bluish gray.  I know gray walls are very in, but it just seemed kind of depressing, so I think that I will go with a buff neutral.  I think this will look a lot warmer.  So off to Home Depot I go tomorrow.

This will actually be my second trip to Home Depot this week.  I had to run in to pick up some drain cleaner the other day.  I always park by the Garden Center because it makes me happy to walk past all of the plants.  I am counting the days until March 3rd, the last date for frost here in the Almanac.  I can't wait to start my garden.  I miss the way that soil smells when you first work on it in the Spring.  

So, as I was walking through the Garden Center, I saw that they had all kinds of cool things that I havd not intended to buy that day.  I have two fig plants, strawberry plants, potato starters, sweet potato starters, scallion and onion sets. I thought to myself that between all of that and the seeds that I have bought from Baker Creek, I am all set.  I really wanted the dahlia bulbs, too, but I had to rein myself in.  For now. LOL

Enjoy the Superbowl tomorrow!  I hope you get lots of stitching time in!

  


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

The piece is beautiful & worth all of the work.
Congrats on your Grandson walking!
I painted my craft/sewing room a light gray & really like it.
I like to paint.
I guess I will cheer on the Eagles today seeing that our Packers didn't go far this year. :(
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made incredible progress on Lady of the Thread, Patti. She is looking stunning. While I love the look of pieces on black fabric, it is not enjoyable to me for stitching. Have fun painting your craft/office space.