Monday, December 2, 2013

A Truly Great Thanksgiving!

Hope each of you had a stellar Thanksgiving.  Ours was wonderful!  We hosted the dinner at the church, which was a huge hit!  Everyone had such a great time and we had so much food!  My personal theory is that church potluck food is the best food.  (A dear friend once told me that food that is blessed is the best food.)  My theory is that everyone makes their best recipes and makes them with love.  The food was so incredible.  

The nice thing about a church dinner is that everyone stays and helps to clean up.  So clean up was done really fast!  My honey was up at four with Liesl making the turkey.  She was so cute.  She would not leave his side.  Anyway, we were both really tired.  However, my best friend really wanted us to come over, so off we went to have pie with her and her large family.  As we were driving home, we said, "Well, we totally ROCKED this Thanksgiving!"  LOL  We both fell asleep within five minutes of sitting on the living room sofa.  

I have not really been in the mood to start shopping yet for Christmas.  It was a busy weekend, too. Yesterday was the first day in advent and our choir was busy!  The services were truly inspirational. We are so ready for the season.  We have tickets to some great events this season.  I am so very excited!

It was hard to go back to work today after six days off.  Once I got started though, it was quite pleasant.  Walking with Liesl in the cold morning air is a great way to start the day.  I am the coordinator for the big audit at work this week.  It is okay though as it is a bit of a change of pace.  I really have a pretty cool job.  

Well, it is supposed to be super duper cold here tonight so I guess I had better go tuck in my little furgirl.  Stay warm, everyone!

No comments: