Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Feeling Thankful

I think that like many people this week, I am really reflecting on all that I am thankful for.  While this is how I generally live my life, I have an awareness of how much my life has changed in just a year.  Last year at this time, I was dealing with a serious health condition and worried about the future.  This year has been so extraordinary and I feel profoundly blessed.  I got a job in a new industry and have been learning so much.  My Liesl continues to make me laugh and I love her so much.  My friendships continue to grow and flourish.  My children are doing well and are happy.  Best of all, God brought new love into my life.  He is the person that I always hoped existed and feel so profoundly blessed to share the journey with him.  He is the kindest, sweetest, most honest person that I have ever known. Plus he has a very silly sense of humor and loves Liesl.  When he leaves the house he always leaves her a little treasure hunt by hiding little cookies around for her to find.  I thought that I spoiled her until I met him.  

My honey and I are in charge of the Thanksgiving dinner at church this week, so I will be cooking a lot tomorrow.  Everyone who is coming is bringing something yummy so it should be quite a feast.  It should be a lot of fun.  I can't wait.

Liesl will get a little feast on Thanksgiving.  She is still on her home cooked diet.  She gets pork and potato every night.  It was balanced by a top notch veterinary school, so she also gets prescribed vitamins, and two kinds of oil added to her meals.  However, on Thanksgiving she will get some turkey, sweet potato and maybe a little cranberry sauce.  She might even get a little taste of pumpkin pie.  Remember if you give your doggie Thanksgiving dinner, turkey should be white meat only.  Dark meat is extremely high in fat, and not so good for our furry friends as it could result in a painful episode of pancreatitus.  Let's keep our furbabies safe.

Before I sign off tonight I have to share that I think those commercials with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell are hilarious.  James Earl Jones was super cool to begin with, but now he is even cooler.  Those commercials make me laugh out loud.

Well, a little schnauzer is awaiting her tucking into her pink blankie.  It has been so cold here that she has actually been wanting to come up on the bed in the middle of the night to snuggle.  If you have been reading this blog for the past couple of years then you know cuddling is not Liesl's thing.  So when she does choose to snuggle, it is truly a gift.  Puppy cuddles when one is sleeping are truly the best.  There is nothing like that kind of warmth.  It warms you heart most of all.

No comments: