Sunday, July 22, 2018

An Amazing Week

This past week was an amazing week.  I am a corporate Controller and I had been working at a pretty fast pace on the quarter end.  On Thursday, I was sitting in a big company wide meeting and our CEO had just finished making a great presentation that was really inspirational.  We have a really awesome CEO who has really instituted some great things in the company.  One of which is honoring an Employee of the Quarter, who meets some pretty specific standards of excellence. This quarter was going to be the third time that someone would be selected.  He started by announcing those nominated but not selected this time.  I was thinking about how amazing each of those people are and wondering who else in the room could be next.  I feel really grateful that I get to work with really wonderful, smart, amazing people company-wide.  So I was looking around the room trying to guess the identity of the honoree.  I was extremely shocked and surprised when my name was announced!  The CEO went on to say some wonderful things about me and I started to mist up.  I feel deeply humbled, and I was even more so as I received hugs, kind words, and emails throughout the next couple of days from people throughout the company.  I have a beautiful plaque on my desk and I am still pinching myself.  

I really, really love my job.  Each day when I am driving a little over half an hour to work, I say a prayer of thanks that I get to go to work and that I get to go do really interesting work.  I always say that I get to go to work, not that I have to go to work.  It gets really busy, but I prefer having lots of activity. The best part of the job are the great people I get to interact with daily.   

I did not really get to stitch this week, I had to pull out some work because I started stitching a pattern on the wrong piece of fabric.  I guess I was too eager to start and did not double check.  So next week I should have something more to show.  In the meantime, I thought I would share some recently acquired stash:

One of my favorite hobbies is genealogical research.  I recently found several ancestors who fought in the American Revolution.  I saw this pattern and would like to make a few smalls to honor their memory in some smalls for next Independence Day. 
It is time to start Fall stitching.  I saw this pattern and fell in love.  It is stitched on silk gauze, which is included with the pattern.   I am a little intimidated now that I see the pattern up close.  I need to gather my courage before I start this one.
Lastly, when I was on vacation, I found this awesome project bag at The Loft in Gualala, California.  It is made by Lyle Enterprises and comes in four sizes.  You can get the package with all four sizes from Amazon for about $45.  They come in several colors and are well constructed.

Both of my children have birthdays close together.  This year they decided that a shared birthday celebration would be okay.  We had a great family dinner out tonight and had a great time.  I am so proud of them and it was so great to see them.  A truly happy end of a great week and weekend.

I hope you have a wonderful week filled with blessings!


5 comments:

Marilyn said...

First off, congrats on your award!
Your hard work paid off! :)
You've gotten some great stash, love those Berries.
You can do it!
Happy Birthday to the kids!!
Have a great week.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to you on your work award! Glad you were recognized for all your hard work! I hope you have an enjoyable week.

Patti said...

Thank you very much for your kind words! I still can't believe that happened!

Marilyn and Robin, I know that you both must be very busy ladies. It really means so much to me that you always take the time to leave a kind comment. Your words always make my day!

Thank you for spreading sunshine. :)
Patti

Christine said...

Of all the times I have been to Gualala and been to the grocery store there, I never knew there was a shop like The Loft. I'm so glad you mentioned it. Great buy on the Kitchenaid!

Patti said...

Hi Christine,

The Loft is above the grocery store across from Surf Market. It is a nice little store and is pretty well stocked for a store off of the beaten path.

Patti