Tuesday, June 24, 2014

We Be Jammin!

Someone at work was giving away bags and bags of plums and asked if I would like some to make jam.  I have not made jam in years, and happen to love homemade plum jam, so I was totally up for it.  I had to pick up some new jars and opted for the ones with designs.  I spent a couple of hours this weekend and realized that I had forgotten how much fun it is to can.  I started to eyeball the fresh raspberries and strawberries in the fridge and then realized I was out of control. 
 
I do not like jam on my toast, rather, I still love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  When I take them for lunch at work, I look forward to it all morning!  There is something really happy about a PB&J.  The only thing that is better is a Fluffernutter.  For some reason, my fellow Californians do not seem to be familiar with the great wonder that is the Fluffernutter (peanut butter and marshmallow crème.)  When I try to describe the wonder that is this sandwich, I get quizzical looks and remarks of "I don't get it."  They are perfection, that's what they are!
 
So a couple of weeks ago, someone had posted a beautiful photo of their cross stitch work in progress on a Facebook site.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  She posted that the particular design was from an issue of Just Cross Stitch in 2009.  I immediately got bummed and thought how hard it was going to be to find that issue.  I started do a little research, when I found something even better!  Just Cross Stitch has DVDs of every page of every issue (including ornament issues!) in ten year increments.  This particular issue fell within the 2001-2010 DVD.  The DVDs are only about $42 at 123stitch (or about the same as a couple of years of subscriptions).  I am super happy about finding it.
 
I will take photos of my stitching this coming weekend.  It is going splendidly.  It is a fun stitch and the colors are just beautiful.  It is nice to be back in the stitching mode again.  I am still taking some pretty intense classes right now for work, but realized that I need to make time to stitch and be creative.  It puts me back in balance. 
 
Have a happy week!
 

No comments: