Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welcome!


Welcome to my new blog. I have been inspired to start a blog for about a year after seeing some really creative blogs on the web. I have really struggled for a few days with getting started and if I had really had anything interesting to write about consistently.

I truly love cross stitching. I have been stitching since I was 9 years old. I love the feeling when I open my floss box and see all of the colors. It looks like treasure. I love the peaceful sound of the needle and floss passing through the fabric. It feels like poetry or music to me. Some of my favorite moments are when it is late at night and I am able to sit up stitching in the quiet of the evening. My only light is my tableside full spectrum lamp. My little dog sleeping on the sofa next to me. My current WIP is Toccata Number 1 by Drawn Thread, pictured above.


No comments: