Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glitter, glitter everywhere!

Well, I haven't posted for a few days. I have been working on a surprise for my church. Last year I noticed there were some bare spots on the Chrismon tree so I vowed that I would make a bunch of the traditional ornaments. Since the early Spring I have been collecting pearls, gold beads, styrofoam and such. Several years ago my church bought the instruction books and left them in my care, so I set to work this week.

The time finally came when I had gathered enough supplies so everyday for the past 4 days I have glued, beaded, and applied glitter. I have about 10 ornaments ready to go. I want to make at least 10 more. Keeping the surprise is really rough. There is gold and white glitter everywhere, no matter how hard I try to control it. I was a bit concerned when I noticed the dog walking by and she a couple of specks of glitter on her back.

They are coming out quite nicely. I can't wait to see them on the tree!

No comments: