Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy dancing!

I am in a state of shock. My fair entries did far better than I ever could have hoped. Generally, when I drop off my entries, I just hope that I will take home some sort of ribbon. I am in such awe of everyone else's pieces and their hard work. I realize how much work has gone into every piece. I also understand the tough job the judges have. So I just do my best and hope for the best.

Here is the breakdown on my fair results:

Close to My Heart - Handanger -1st place
Candy Nutcracker Stocking - 1st place
Toccata 1 sampler- 2nd place
Bordeaux sampler - Best of Show

It was a really nice surprise and a true honor to receive recognition for something that I love doing so much.

What made it even cooler is that my hubby entered the fair for the first time this year. He is a homebrewer, so he entered his beers and his cookies. He won 3rd place with his cookies, and Best of Show with one of his beers. How cool is that?!

No comments: