Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Tis a sickness, really...

Okay, while I will admit that my first love craft-wise is cross stitch, I do have a really powerful weakness for something else. I know you are thinking chocolate, but while I do so love good chocolate, this is even worse. It is my love of retro fabrics. I am totally weak in a fabric store which carries old novelty prints. Never has this been more evident than when I was in San Jose last week and had to see these prints in person. I have been looking online at them for weeks. Someone else who had purchased the ballerinas herself (in all three colors, no less) said that I really needed to see them in person and that the photos did not do them justice. I have to say that she was absolutely right and so I proceeded to buy a yard of each one. Bonus: They were 30% off. Happy dance!

Now, I will admit that I do not have any clue what I am going to do with them. They are just so darling that I just enjoy looking at them.

I was a bit proud of myself today because I had to run by the craft store for a last minute detail for a gift. I stood in the fabric section wanting this fabric with little vintage cupcakes (A Michael Miller fabric) and even had a coupon! I passed it up. I just know that tonight when I go to sleep, I am going to dream about little vintage cupcakes!

No comments: