Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Liesl and Pepe Le Pew

Well, we had a near mini-disaster last night.  Liesl needed to go out at 2:40 am.  She is like a little kid when she needs to go out in the middle of the night.  She wakes Bill by going over to him and tapping on him and making low noises so she only wakes him up.  They went outside and the next thing I hear him telling her to get inside quick.  She got skunked! 
 
Luckily, it barely got her or her face.  I plunged her immediately into the bathtub and scrubbed (at 3:00 am!)  I had to wash her face a couple of times, but it could have been so much worse.  She was not happy about the bath part.  The shampoo actually got it all, thank goodness.  We finally got back to bed at 3:30.  Unfortunately, she had not had the chance to go potty after all, so she started making it clear she needed out.  We both got up, got the leash and led her out to the yard.  Finally, at 3:40 we were able to get back to sleep.  :(
 
The worst part is that I have had the skunk smell in my nose and the back of my throat all day.  Ick. But  I am so grateful she did not have  to endure anything worse.  Bill says he will put her on a leash from now on when he takes her out in the middle of the night. 
 
 

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

\Oh, poor Liesl.
At least it wasn't worse.
Glad you finally got some sleep.
Marilyn