Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Quiet Tuesday Evening

Well, well, so I see that the new Christmas ornament issue has arrived at 123stitch.com.  This is an exciting day!  I have some money from my winnings at the fair that will go towards my purchase.  It is like sewing the seeds of new cross stitch entries.  I am bound and determined to actually stitch something from the magazine this year.  I have been getting it for ten years now.  I have not stitched one single ornament in that time.  I keep going for those huge projects that take me months to a year to stitch.  But this time is going to be different.  

I got some stitching tonight while watching The Voice.  I am so hooked on this show!  It seems like the caliber of singers is really high this season.  It is a lot of fun to watch the blind auditions.  By the way, could Adam Levine be any cuter?!  Not Tony Stewart cute, but adorable none the less...

I have had knitting calling to me the past couple of weeks.  I have had a gorgeous green yarn that I bought last year.  I stumbled across it while looking through one of my baskets the other day.  It is so beautiful and I keep thinking what a great scarf it would make.  I am not so good at knitting.  My daughter is really the expert there, but I am thinking I may have to expand my skills.

I truly can not imagine what my life would be like without being able to work with textiles for my hobby.  It is so enjoyable and so peaceful.  I love the melody of the floss going though the fabric.  I love the way it looks like treasure when I open my box of organized floss.  I love the journey of stitching a piece.  I can look at one of my pieces and remember the time in my life while I was stitching it.  It is amazing how looking at a piece can bring back the feeling of that time.  Some are better stitched than others.  However, it is interesting to see the progress that I have made over the years.  I guess that can be said of life as well as the stitching.  It really is all about the journey.   

No comments: