Saturday, September 15, 2012

You've Got Mail!


I thought that Amazon.com was lightening fast at shipping out orders.  If that is the case then 123stitch.com is supersonic fast!  I placed the order for my JCS Christmas Ornament issue on Thursday and it was here today.  It is full of some really great ornament designs that I would totally stitch.  I love how they are grouped.  I am also glad that they put all of the recipes at the back of the issue all together.  In addition to my magazine, I also ordered some more Bohin needles from France.  These are fantastic needles and with six to a package for $1.79, they are quite the bargain!  They go through the fabric like a hot knife through buttah!

I am inspired now to pull out the last ten years of ornament issues and look through them.  I plan on really looking through them and putting sticky notes on the ones that I really, really want to stitch.  After seeing some of the designs, I am now curious about seeing some of the body of work of certain designers.  There are so many truly talented designers.  I keep telling friends who share that they used to cross stitch years ago how much the craft has changed.  The designs are so much different than they were 20 years ago.  Then you add the variety and colors of fabrics and flosses, the embellishments, buttons and beads.  It really is quite amazing how much the craft has evolved.

I have had an interesting experience in the past week.  I have been praying on a few different questions for some time.  I can truly say that God answers all prayers.  A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine handed me something totally out of the blue to read that ended up answering not just one of my prayers, but several of them.  I got that little tingle that you get when you know that God has shown you grace and mercy.  It is quite humbling.  I got to sit and talk with my friend today and shared with him that God had used him as an instrument.  He said that he had no idea but was happy to know about it.  

I think that this is further proof that God truly loves us and wants us to have extraordinary lives.  He is truly a beacon, lighting the way for us out of darkness.  I know this when I am searching for an answer and when I open my Bible, it falls open to the very passage that I need at that particular moment.  He is showing me the way.  

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Always love your posts. I also continue to stitch from back ornament issues. Thoughts and prayers to you.