Friday, December 30, 2011

Ahhh. A Cozy Night At Home

It is amazing how these four day work weeks seem much longer than a regular week.  I have crammed a lot of work into this past few days.  I was really happy because today I solved two mathematical issues that have been plaguing me for weeks.  I left work with a happy heart and a clear head.  

I actually got off early today.  I had intended to run a couple of errands, but decided that I really just wanted to go home and have a cozy evening.  I came home and fixed a fancy dinner of Coq Au Vin, watched the news, played with Liesl and puttered around the Cozy Cottage.  I fully intended to stitch, but was feeling kind of comfy and lazy.  

I am reflecting on the past year.  It is hard to believe it is over already.  It has been such an amazing year full of so many gifts.  A year ago at this time, I was forming the plan to buy a house, and here it is months later that I am in my dream home.  I am thankful that I have a job that I love, coworkers that I really like and respect, a family is that is so beautiful, and a small dog that I adore.  My health is remarkably good and I have enough groceries.  

This has been such a good year of books.  I love books as much as I love stitching,  I read everyday for an hour at lunchtime and generally before bed.  I have read such good books this year that have really had an impact on me and made me think. I think my favorite has been "A Tale Of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens. It was such a powerful book on so many levels. I still have a huge reading list ahead of me.  So many books, so little time.

This has been such a happy year for me.  I look forward to 2012 being even better.  I wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.


No comments: