Thursday, May 17, 2012

Almost Friday

Well, the new medicine for my cough seems to be working.  I have not been coughing much this afternoon and when I do, it has not been much.  I hope to sleep well tonight.  I figure that Nurse Liesl and I will stay in this weekend and beat this thing.  It has been cold and gloomy here the past couple of days, so it is a good weekend to stay in and be cozy and recuperate.  We have what is called "June Gloom" here because it is cold and icky.  Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  We are about 120 miles south of SF and have the same inclement weather.  It is sweater weather.  I think Liesl and I may log some sofa time under a blanket.

After agonizing over a week about it, I finally ordered my seeds from the Park Seed catalog.  They had several clearance sales so I could start my herb garden and my salad garden (greens, radishes, cukes, etc.)  I have pretty good luck with seeds.  I am so looking forward to their arrival.  

I was a bit sad this evening because I was supposed to go out with my three best girlfriends for dinner.  I was feeling kinda of lousy and knew I should come home and go to bed early.  They are so sweet and called me from the restaurant to tell me that they love me and to read me the selection of soup from the menu.  They wanted to know if I would like them to bring me some soup.  I so love my friends and I am so sorry that I had to miss dinner with them.  

As I think about this weekend, I am grateful to have some time to rest.  I get really excited about being able to stay in for a weekend.  I keep thinking about all of the fun at my fingertips, catching up on my guilty pleasure reality television shows, a new magazine arrived in the mail, my book about Catherine the Great, stitching, giving myself a pedi, napping, cooking, etc.  There is just too much fun to be had around the castle.

I am off to dream about all of my fun!

No comments: