Thursday, May 31, 2012

Unexpected Beauty

I happened to look out the front window a little while ago.  There was the most beautiful sunset happening as I did.  The sun was a huge orange ball in the sky and was setting into the Pacific Ocean.  (I always imagine a sizzling sound.  LOL)  It was so beautiful and awe inspiring that I could not help but to think how fortunate that I am that I get to watch it from my home.  It is truly a blessing.  I so love Monterey Bay.  

My other unexpected beauty moment was earlier today.  We are in temporary office quarters that are all open.  It gets really noisy sometimes, so I bring my Ipod to work with me.  I get to listen to classical music and it kind of drowns out the extraneous noise.  Today I decided to listen to one of my favorite pieces of music while I work, Brahm's German Requiem.  I love this piece but have never listened to it while I have gone through a loss.  It is really profound while you are.  I started weeping over the music and every loss I have ever suffered.  I think I will probably not listen to the Mozart Requiem tomorrow at work...The classic composers show that they really understood something deep.  If you get a chance to listen these are two truly profound works of classical music.   

In addition to my dad passing this week, my close friend's dad also passed this morning, and another friend's dad passed on Sunday under really tragic circumstances.  It has been a rough week.  But out of death comes renewal and rebirth.  Beauty rebounds, joy will return, and laughter will ring.  I believe it is our nature to be filled with joy.  Life can be hard, but it can also be extremely beautiful.  We are so blessed.

No comments: