Saturday, May 26, 2012

Brrrr

It is so cold here right now.  Today it even rained.  Liesl and I had big plans for a beach walk early this morning.  We saw the drizzle and both decided to get under a blanket on the sofa.  Liesl though the whole napping thing was a splendid idea.  I relaxed for a while then decided to go get my supplies from Home Depot so I could play weekend warrior.  I had another great experience there.  I was walking in with my list in hand pushing my cart, when I heard a voice behind me say, "What's on your list today?"  One of their great employees was approaching and walked me all over the store to get my list filled with so much cheerfulness.  It is a joy to shop there.

After I picked up some groceries I came home to see that Liesl was continuing the whole napping thing.  I got all of my supplies put away and went back to cuddle my furgirl.  I love the way her little head smells and sometimes I just like to lay my head on her so I can smell her.  It is a combination of doggie shampoo, grass, her pillow, and dog cookies.  There is something so comforting about it.

I am bound and determined to get my backsplash tiled this weekend.  I have all of the supplies that I need.  I think that it will look amazing when I am done.  My decorator friend says that it will be the crown jewel of my kitchen.  I have had the kit since February so it is really time to get 'er done.  I love the tile, it is so pretty. 

I spent the rest of my afternoon stitching and watching American Restoration.  This is one of my favorite shows.  I so love vintage, so seeing the stuff on this show makes me happy.  Sometimes, I will see something that brings up a good childhood memory.  An old Pepsi cooler, stuff from the gas station, etc.  Vintage is so in right now and I wonder if it is because people are trying to remember back to a more simple time.  The new technology advances are so a part of our everyday lives and work.  I can not imagine life without having access to instant information, but I do remember a time when I used to have a lot more time to stitch...

Well, I am off to sleep.  It is so cold that I am putting an extra blanket on the bed.  This means just a bit more coziness.  :)


No comments: