Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Really Good Day

Ah, what a good day.  It was so nice to sleep in until 8 this morning and have a couple of leisurely cups of coffee.  The morning was so sunny and beautiful, so Liesl decided to play outside on gopher patrol.  She stands perfectly still over a gopher hole, except for a twitchy rear leg, ready to spring into action.  (To date there has been zero action.)  She is determined.  Usually after a long while she gets impatient and tries to do a gopher-ectomy by digging up a gopher hole.  Again, the rate of success stands at zero.  I admire her tenacity though.  

So while the Great Gray Hunter worked the backyard, I worked on some homework for my online class.  I am perpetually in school.  Now I am taking an online class on investments.  It is a pretty interesting class and I am learning a lot.  I am happy to say that I am caught up on my assignments for another week.  Yay.

With homework done it was time to start the housework.  First step, to wash the gopher hole dirt off Liesl.  It was most certainly bath time.  She is pretty good about the bath.  She gets one every Saturday so she knows the drill.  When I run the water she starts walking to the bathroom.  She stands perfectly still in the bath so we usually are done in 5-10 minutes.  Afterwards she is rolled up in her apres bath towel burrito, where she promptly falls asleep for a while on my lap.  That is until she gets up and decides the best way to dry that beard is by rubbing it on the rug.

I am pretty caught up on my housework now, too.  I had to clean up my playroom (craftroom.)  Unfortunately, it is the room where clothes await ironing, papers await filing, bills wait to be paid and any number of odds and ends stay in limbo until I decide what to do with them.  It was out of control to the point where I was avoiding going in there.  Now it is all cleaned and organized and I am a happy girl.

The day sort of ended with Liesl and I running errands.  I had to run over to Carmel to drop off my library books.  Unfortunately, it took forever because there was a traffic jam a few miles long due to an accident.  We only have two lanes going each way on Highway 1, so an accident will cause all kinds of mayhem.  I was super cranky about the delay until I stopped and thought that the people in that accident were far more inconvenienced than me and were having a far worse day than me.  I had Liesl with me and we were on the road in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.  We had to stop at Petco on the way back.  I have to park very far from the store because it is where she gets her mani-pedis, so when we go near the place she starts shaking.  So I have to park outside the shaking zone and hike to Petco to get her organic, grain free, made in the USA food.  There is no way on earth she will come in with me.  Oy vey.  

So now we reflect on the normalcy of the day.  It has been wonderful.  I planned on stitching and even got out a piece of silk gauze.  But I am sort of tired from all that I accomplished today.  Liesl is working on a chewie, the dishwasher is cleaning up half a week's worth of dishes, and I have my feet up.  The laundry is done, most of the house is clean, I am up to date in my class.  I am looking forward to church in the morning and Nascar in the afternoon.  I treasure weekends like this.  

1 comment:

Miss LindaLee said...

Howdy Patti. I just loved this post. What a great weekend you had and you got so much done. I felt like an old friend spending some time together as I read it.

Liesl is adorable, and isn't the love they give us something so very special.

You have a wonderful week.

LindaLee from
CrossN' My Stitches