Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Perfect Sunday

Today was perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  I started out at church.  Today's sermon was so thought provoking.  It has stayed with me all day.  I love when that happens.  It is now Holy Week.  I love Lent in general, but Holy Week is my favorite.  I shed a few tears every Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. As a practicing Lutheran, we have a service called Tenebrae on Good Friday.  It is the reading of a Gospel which describes the time from the Last Supper through the Passion.  As it is read, the lights are slowly put out at certain intervals, which symbolize the extinguishing of the life of the Savior.  At the end, you are in total darkness.  Everyone leaves the church in silence.  I have yet to get through this service without sobbing.

Anyway, backing up.  Today after church I had a couple of errands to run.  I had to run to Target for essentials like dog cookies.  I know better than to run out.  Then I ran to a store close by called Ulta, which sells beauty supplies.  They carry Bare Minerals, which I love.  I am on the very last powdery bits of my favorite blush, which I think lasted about two years.  This store is awesome and if you have one near by, check them out.  I ended up buying a kit which had three full sized eyeshadows, a lip gloss (I love me some lip gloss) and mascara for a ridiculously low price of $25.  When I got to the check out, it was only $21.  Then the super nice young lady at the check out told me that because I had spent a certain amount, I got a free gift.  It ended up being a super cute, sparkly makeup bag for the purse.  Plus I got a free sample on top of that.  That place was awesome.

I came home, kissed Liesl on her sweet head, made lunch, changed into my pajamas (yes, in the middle of the day.  I am a rebel.  A comfy rebel, but a rebel nonetheless.) and put on the race.  From what I saw it was an exciting race.  I happened to take a nap halfway through the race.  I slept for about an hour until a strange, scary noise woke me up.  Then I realized it was my own snoring.  Anyway, it was an exciting race and prayers are going up for Denny Hamlin.  I have never seen a driver collapse after a crash before.  

I got a little closer to stitching day.  I located and put together my Q-snaps.  They are now laying next to my silk gauze.  Tomorrow during the Voice could be the big moment when I put a needle and floss to it all.   

Anyway, it was a good day.  I am relaxed and ready to go back to my super cool job tomorrow.  I am so grateful for the time at home this weekend with Liesl.  She is such a good little companion.  She even got a little homemade chicken stock put on her dinner tonight.  She is fun to spoil.  She has had lots of belly rubs, balls thrown for her to chase this weekend, and lots of smoochies on her head.  We had fun together and it revived us both.  Weekends at home ROCK!

No comments: