Sunday, March 10, 2013

Such A Great Day!

Today was a great day.  No stitching, but all in all a great day!  This weekend has been all about getting rid of the last of that nasty bug I had.  I still have a bit of the cough, but it is not so ugly sounding and I am not wheezing anymore.  In total I have had this thing for twelve days.  I am feeling much better.  I made sure that even with the time change I went to bed early last night.  

So today I went to church first thing.  I said big prayers of Thanksgiving for my good fortune this week.  Afterwards, I headed over to Home Depot with a big idea.  This past week my best friend has been coming by during the day to let Liesl out for a few minutes to potty while I am at work, just to aid in the transition.  I have been wracking my brain on how to get Liesl to go downstairs into the garage during the day to potty (in addition she has full run of the house!).  Last week I tried putting down puppy pads, but she will not go inside. I have been looking on line for all kinds of  products I could buy. Today I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of grass sod for $3.78.  I took the lids from three large totes and put them underneath it.  Liesl now has a grassy spot in the garage that is all hers.  She loves her her grassy spot.  I have hidden charlie bears in it, so that she has a little hunt.  I think this may solve the problem.  When the grass dies off or it gets smelly, I can just go get another roll of sod.

After a trip to Target, I ran home to watch the race.  I changed into my sweats and settled into the sofa with my furry girl.  She actually felt like cuddling and crawled into my lap at one point.  This is out of the ordinary and I really treasure it when she does this.  We played and snuggled.  It was just what I needed to recharge my batteries.  

I had such a relaxing day and weekend.  I am really excited about getting to work and learning more this week.  Best of all, I love coming home to my happy home and my happy little dog.  Life is beautiful!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Do glad things are going well. Love the puppy potty idea.