Saturday, May 30, 2009

Interruption to Stitchy Schedule...

Life is kind of crazy around here right now for several reasons. The biggest reason is that I sing alto with the Symphony's Chorus. This is our performance weekend. Dress rehearsals started Thursday night, so things are hopping. Our last performance is Monday night. All of this standing on stage, helping to make beautiful music, and much driving to and fro, does not make for a lot of stitchy (and posting) time. I did not make it home from our dress rehearsal until really late last night Thank goodness I was able to sleep in today.

The concerts should be really beautiful. It is alot of fun to be able to perform. Plus I really like a lot of people in the chorus. I have been singing with them for about four years and have had the pleasure of performing some truly beautiful pieces with them. They do go on tour from time to time, but I have not had the chance to go. It would mean time off from work and expenditure of funds that I can not afford.

I wish that I could bring stitching for some of the lags of time between singing on stage. But there is just not the space to do it. I usually end up talking anyway. LOL My friend and I each brought our Kindles, (they fit perfectly in our music folder pockets) but we just ended up talking.

Well, gotta go pretty up for the day! Have a great weekend.

No comments: