Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm Back...

Wow! What a whirlwind. The concerts this weekend were amazing. We received standing ovations, which is so cool. The energy that you receive from a theater full of people who appreciated your performance is amazing and is not something you can describe with words. We performed Holst's "The Planets." The women were involved in the choral performance of Neptune. Here is the funny part; when I was rehearsing this, it was my least favorite piece. In fact, I dreaded it. It has five beats to a measure, is really hard to count, has no words, has six voices all singing different parts and different notes all at once. It was hard. When it was time to perform it, it was my very favorite and I looked forward to it every night. Following the movements of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus, which were breathtakingly performed by the symphony and then being able to join my voice in Neptune was a fabulous experience, almost humbling. I feel so honored and privileged to have been a part of this. The women all agreed that it was a very special experience and really bonded us as a group.

I got to stitch again at lunchtime today for the first time in a week. It was so nice and so peaceful. I missed stitching. I realized just how much when I picked up my needle. I worked on the Farmer's Alphabet. I just love that piece!

We have been in the middle of a cold spell. Today was 73 degrees and it was so nice to see the sunshine again. It did rain a bit tonight, but it was short lived. I am hoping it will stay warm for a bit longer.

Well, I am off to get some shut-eye. It is my first non-late night for a while. I need to catch up on some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

kimstitch3 said...

well welcome back, glad to see you posting hon. I hope you get some stitching done this week. I intend to.Kimberly