Friday, July 26, 2013

New Shoes!


It has been a long time in coming.  I have needed new sneakers in the worst way.  But this is one of those things one can not rush.  Sneakers are a major commitment, like marriage or buying a new car. Your sneakers get you through long walks, doing your chores, running errands, and running away from people in the grocery store when you think you are not going to see anyone you know, so you go with no make up on and your hair looking like Kramer on Seinfeld.  But, of course, you see a plethora of people who you know, work with, go to church with, etc.  Anyway, back to sneakers.  It is a major relationship.  I have been looking but have not found anything until today when my eyes fell upon these babies.  Hot pink and neon yellow.  They are awesome!  It was love at first sight and I knew that I had to make them mine.  As a side note, my camera shutter speed is super slow.  You will note the appearance of a certain schnauzer nose.  This nose was not there as I was aiming the camera, but instead appeared in that little delay.  It is a very cute nose.  However, my shoe picture has been schnauzer photo bombed.

Liesl was pretty proud of herself.  Afterward, in what can only be described as a "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille" moment, she decided to pose.  This is not a common occurrence.  Usually she sees the camera come out and she is on the move.  I have a host of photos with just an ear or tail in them, where a small dog had been a second earlier.  So anyway, here is my pretty girl, posing.  She looks very wise here.

So speaking of Liesl, the diet is going well.  We are still awaiting the official diet from the nutritionist, but I am still trying to cook really healthy for her.  She still has a bit of itchiness, but her overall health and attitude is great.  She is so much happier on the home cooked diet.  What is funny though is that she is suddenly hooked on fruit.  She ate all of my blueberries one night, a whole mango the next.  Last night she took a few bites of watermelon.  She likes blueberries better though.  But I feel like I have the equivalent of a teenage boy standing in front of the fridge with the door open.  She sees that I am having fruit and immediately trots over with determination with her "and what are we having for snack" look.  LOL  Actually, I feel better sharing the good stuff with her and will do anything to keep her healthy and with me for a long time.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of nose and dog Well feeding furgirl healthy also keeps you healthy too. Have a great day.