Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday

It is super quiet tonight.  We are back to our foggy, cool weather, which is nice. It made for a nice evening of playing with the fur girl and stitching.  I am so looking forward to the holiday and being able to stitch and have some down time.  I told Liesl that I am off after tomorrow and she just looked at me with an expression that said, "Are there cookies involved?"

Tomorrow is going to be a good day at work.  It is jeans day!  Whoohoo!  No business suit!  I made sure to put nice nail polish on my toesies so that I can wear super cute sandal wedgies with my jeans.  I am the Senior Accountant for my company and today the CFO asked me if I was going to wear jeans tomorrow.  I said, "Are you kidding, I have been planning my outfit all week!"  In addition, my company is buying us all lunch tomorrow from a local taco place so I do not have to pack my lunch either.  Other than the fact that I have to do accounting all day, it should be awesome!  (Actually I love accounting.)  

Tonight was really nice.  I did stitch for a while.  I watched Deadliest Catch, too.  Sadly, I think the show has jumped the shark.  There used to be more of a sense of humanity to it, back when Phil was still alive.  Now the captains and crews just seem to be a bunch of bullies.  A lot of it is just mean spirited and it hurts my stomach to watch.  But I digress.  I stitched and promised myself that I would stay up late tomorrow night stitching.  I was telling myself that I am going to stay up late enough to watch Craig  Ferguson, whose show makes me laugh out loud, particularly when he has the puppets talking to the camera.  I am talking big, knowing full well that I will probably only make it to about 9:30.  Especially after my jeans wearing, yummy taco eating, accounting fun filled day.  

So having stayed up all the way to 9:30 tonight, it is probably best that I say good night.  There are soft puppy snores happening and my eyelids are getting heavy.  I need to say my prayers of thanksgiving for God's grace and love.  He has blessed me with so many things that fill my life with joy.  I will count those blessings as I fall off to sleep.  Life is beautiful.





1 comment:

Miss LindaLee said...

Jeans Day certainly sounds like fun when you have to normally dress up. Hope you enjoyed the entire day with the free lunch and all.

I've been stitching a little each night, but have been knitting some wash cloths as well. They work up so quickly and make nice little gifts.

You have a great rest of the week.