Sunday, May 3, 2009

Boo Hoo, The Weekend Is Over

Wow! The weekend is over already. I blinked and it was gone. Of course, I did work yesterday so that would account for it really seeming like it went fast.

We spent a nice quiet day at home today. We were both really tired from a long week so it was nice to get some rest. We slept in until 8 with a small, cuddly dog who also was happy to get a little extra sleep. It is hard to get Liesl up in the morning. She just burrows deeper under the blankets while we bump around trying to get ready for work.


While I got down to stitching, Bob went into the kitchen and baked bread and cookies. The bread was a work of art, so I though I would take a photo to share. It is rye bread and is very tender. It will be great for sandwiches this week. He usually makes bread from scratch on the weekends and this is the latest creation.

I got to work quite a bit on my stitching. I got a lot done, but not as much as I had hoped. I am almost finished with it so I am very happy. Someone who understands my great love of animated movies lent me a copy of Wall-E. I stopped stitching so I could concentrate and I am so glad I did. It was a really wonderful, thought provoking movie. I really enjoyed it. After dinner I put on our favorite Brit-com, Keeping Up Appearances, while I stitched. Hubby and I love that show. It makes us laugh totally out loud.

I had a lot of fun this morning. I played a bit online and found all kinds of cross stitch freebies. I even found a beautiful set of ballerinas on a Japanese blog that remind me so much of the ballerina candle holders I used to have on my birthday cakes when I was a kid. I was able to save a lot of beautiful freebies, and look forward to stitching them. It is such a neat thing that designers provide such beautiful gifts to stitchers. Many are the perfect size for making Altoid Tins or scissor keepers or just when you need something for a small space. Plus it does make me interested in looking at designs by designers that I may have been unaware of. It is so cool that they create them for us.

Wishing you a great week!

No comments: