Friday, May 22, 2009

Mini Staycation

I orginally put in for a vacation day about a month ago because I had something on the schedule that had to be taken care of today. That got rescheduled to a day when DH can take care of it, so I had today free. When I put in for the day off, I was unaware that Monday is a holiday, so this has turned into a little vacation for me, which is actually much needed lately. I am blessed to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. This area draws a lot of tourists who want to see the natural beauty. So a staycation here is a pretty wonderful thing.

Today was awesome. We slept in until 7 am. My first order of the day was to get a cup of tea and check my email while still in bed. I felt very luxurious. Then off went Liesie and I for a long leisurely walk to and on the beach. It was a very gray and cold morning, but it was so nice not to have to rush to make it to work on time. It was nice walking on the beach itself. I could feel the salt spray on my face and tasted the salt on my lips. It was awesome.

I spent the rest of the midday doing a bit of housecleaning, laundry and puppy toy surgeries. Around 12:30 I felt really sleepy, so I laid down next to Liesl on the sofa, who was well into her nap. I am a big believer in the power nap of 15-20 minutes, so I figured I would be up pretty quickly. I slept for two glorious hours. First I scolded myself for wasting so much time sleeping, then I remembered this is a vacation day and was grateful for the opportunity to have a nice nap. I celebrated by drinking my last Mexican Coca-Cola straight from the bottle.

I started my Farmer's Alphabet tonight. I am so thrilled that I had that fabric in my collection. It is such a beautiful neutral color. It appears that this will be a pretty easy stitch. The squares are pretty fast to stitch so I have a feeling I could have it done by the end of June. It is also a fun stitch that does not require a lot of thinking and counting, unlike the Lady. I am thinking that I may just stay up a bit later tonight and work on it. Perhaps I will actually make it up to Letterman.

I have been thinking today about how truly fortunate I am. I am so grateful to have a job, particularly one that is so fulfilling. I am grateful that my job has benefits and things like vacation and sick pay. I was so grateful to have such a wonderful day today and still receive compensation for it. I am grateful that I got to spend it with my sweet little dog. I have so many blessings. My cup truly runneth over.

I am kitty sitting tomorrow and Sunday for my DD and DSIL. I have to go feed and play with their kitty cat. Other than that, I may get my hair cut. I am thinking that I need to catch up on some recordings of "Deadliest Catch" and some other cool stuff on my DVR. Right now my only plan includes my cup of tea and taking another walk on the beach with a sweet little dog who thinks the beach is Doggy Disneyland.
Have a safe holiday weekend!

No comments: