Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mexican Coca Cola...Yum!

What can I say, I love the stuff. It is muy bueno. I fell in love with it several years ago on one of our cruise trips south of the border. It is still made with cane sugar in Mexico, rather than high fructose corn syrup. It is delicious. It tastes like the Coca Cola that we had as kids. It comes in the glass bottle and I swear I feel like a kid when I am drinking it. Anyway, they carry a case of Mexican Coca Cola at Costco for $18.99. We bought some today as a special treat and DH and I have had a couple of bottles a piece. It is such a nice treat. Soda tastes so good with cane sugar. There is a delicious Orange Creme soda at Whole Foods that also is made with cane sugar and it tastes just like the old 50-50 bars.

We bought some pretty new bedding today. It is a bed in a bag kit and is a really pretty blue and white ticking stripe. It has pretty machine embroidery along the borders and just is gorgeous. It came with little decorative pillows and everything. All of that for about $80 at Marshalls. Bob is happy because it is blue and a little less girlie than the pink bedding we had. I think it will be nice to decorate with. Plus it is 100% cotton.

Tomorrow we have church and then off to PF Chang's with my DD for Ma Day, as she calls it. We always have a nice celebration of women at church on Mother's Day. There is a Puppy Momma's Day card waiting for me on the dining room table. It is a little chewed in the corners...

I have not stitched at all today. I am thinking about working on the fruit border on the lady for a while and see how it goes. I re-organized my stitchy bag. It was kind of nice to have a little break. Maybe I will just read my book tonight after the race...

Happy Ma Day!

No comments: