Monday, May 25, 2009

The End of the Weekend Already?!

Well, today was the last day of my little staycation. It was time to tidy up and get ready for the week ahead. These four day work weeks are always hectic, so I am hoping it does not harsh my vacation mellow.

Liesie and I got to pick up DH at the airport today. He had gone back home to Illinois to spend some time with his dad. Liesie was pretty excited to see her daddy and is glad that everything and everyone in her world are right where they should be. DH arrived around 5:30. I had been simmering a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce all afternoon. All I had to do was toss a salad and boil the spaghetti water when we got back home. DH was happy to have a hot dinner after eating a sandwich on the plane. It takes him 3-4 planes to travel to and from Illinois so he is always happy to be on land and back home in his own bed.

DH totally loved the curtains. He thinks that they look really bright and happy. He also thinks that they turned out to be just the right shade of red.

I have gotten a lot of stitching done over the last few days. I have stitched nine letters to put in the nine boxes from the other day. I also started on a few of the vegetables. I had hoped to post a picture tonight, however, as I have shared in the past, I seem to be Q-snap challenged for I can not seem to put the fabric in the frame straight. It always comes out kind of wonky. I did not want you to have to see such a horrible sight as wonky fabric on Q-snaps, so I figure that I will finish up a bit, then take a picture when I change the position in a few days.

This is really one of the most fun projects to stitch. I really love the colors. It is pretty easy to stitch. As usual, the photograph really does not do it justice. I would highly recommend it to anyone, particularly those who like fruit and veggie designs in their kitchen. I would also suggest that a potential stitcher would consider using the suggest Bay Rum Jobelan. The colors just absolutely pop against it.
Hope you have a fantastic week!

No comments: