Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Nasty Flu Bug

The flu bug really got me. Yesterday I ended up being sent home from work. Everyone kept telling me how bad I looked and that I should leave. After a while, the HR director came by my office and told me that I looked really red and that I really needed to go home. I finally agreed with everyone while I was feeling totally rotten on my way to my car, that I was in not so hot shape. I went straight to bed when I got home and went to sleep in my work clothes. DH was great and came home for lunch bearing my favorite soup, Theraflu and my favorite Italian orange-blueberry soda. Yesterday he made me a BLT for dinner and served it with a side of Theraflu. FYI, Theraflu tastes terrible! But my nurse is really cute. Hubba hubba.

I still had a 100 degree temperature when I woke up this morning. DH looked at me and said that I still did not like well. I had already taken my shower, but realized that with a fever, headache and other issues, that I really needed to go back to bed. It makes me feel like a bad person to call in sick. I am glad though that I am feeling much better. My fever went away this afternoon and I am feeling semi normal.

I did pick up my stitching this afternoon. I was a bit bored from laying around. I have just a few more smyrna crosses to put in and I will be done. I will post a photo tomorrow night. I should have it complete by then. By the way, daytime TV is really boring. Oy vey!

I am off to sleep now. I want to be super rested for work tomorrow. I can't wait to get back!

No comments: