Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hooray for the Weekend!

Oh my goodness, I am sleepy. I could not get to sleep until about midnight last night. Then I had to wake up shortly before 6 this morning to go work our event for work. It was a really great event and we raised a lot of money for a really good cause. It was outdoors and cold. Luckily, the rain stopped last night, but I did catch a chill and have been overly tired today. After I got home we did make it to the grocery store and the doggie boutique. (Yes, doggie boutique!) We went because we were out of Liesie's favorite cookies that they sell by the scoop. She also picked out a new squeaky ball.

I got to work for a while on the Blessing. I only have the first part of the blessing and two color bands to go and then I am done. It is so much fun to stitch. I have a feeling that if I really apply myself, I could finish it tomorrow. I am not sure how I am going to frame it. I shall have to discuss it with my live-in master framer.

I am thinking that tomorrow would be a great stitching day. We still have a chance of showers, so I would be totally thrilled to stitch. There is no race on tomorrow, but I do have a couple of movies to watch. The Sprint race at Richmond was tonight and Tony Stewart came in second! His teammate came in 4th so they are both in the top five, which is outstanding. I have no doubt Tony will be coming in 1st any day now!

I am really excited because I got two free books for my Kindle today. I have a great love of classic literature. I got Pride and Prejudice and Anna Karenina. This is so cool. I have a few books to read in front of them, but it is like having treasure buried and waiting to be unearthed.

Have a great evening!

No comments: