Monday, May 11, 2009

Choosing A New Project

Since I finished the Aaronic Blessing, I have been thinking about what to stitch next. The other day, DH mentioned a blank space under a kitchen cabinet that needed a little color. My colors in my house are more on the Tuscan side, so I though something with a sage green would be nice. Then I remembered the Farmer's Alphabet by Prairie Schooler. I love this little design. Plus it is stitched with good ol' DMC floss. I have to pull my fabric for it then I will be set to jet! I just have to pull the chair away from the set of drawers where I keep my fabric, and then sort through it to find my 32 ct. I think I may actually have some Bay Rum Jobelan, which is what the pattern calls for. Yippee! The squares look pretty easy and basic. I figure if I stitch a square a day, I should have have it completed in less than a month.

Now that I have to go through a production to find my fabric, it is becomine blatantly apparent that I need to catalog my supplies. Perhaps I could break it up and do floss one day, fabric another and then patterns. Then it would not seem like such a job. I must have courage. LOL

The other thought that occurs to me is that I will need to put my floss on a ring while I work on this project. I am sad because I have not made a cute floss tag so that it will look adorable to carry around my stuff. I shall have to put this on my stitchy list of things to do. I shall have to make myself a scissors case, too. Things to do, things to do...

I am actually enjoying taking a couple of days off from stitching. I came home and did some laundry, and played chase the doggie, Liesie's favorite game. She loves to be chased and puts her little ears back because she is so excited. She came to work with me today, so she was ready for her little puppy bedtime at 7:15. She got to play with all of her doggie friends and got treats from her people friends. This sums up to be a most excellent kind of day for her. LOL She looked almost relieved when I pulled out her pink fuzzy blankie for her.

No comments: