Monday, November 3, 2008

Ginghers!

As I am working on my hardanger doily, I am thinking about the old adage about the right tool for the job. With hardanger you have to have really sharp, short pointed scissors. Recently I had the opportunity to purchase a lovely pair of Ginghers that are ideal.

These scissors are a true work of art. They are the Gingher Pewter scissors. On Columbus Day Joann.com had a 50% off coupon for any item on the site. These gorgeous scissors are regularly $52. With my coupon they were only $26. They are so delicate looking and so beautiful. Gingher really makes a quality product.

My Lori Birmingham doily is turning out to be a quick stitch. It will look so pretty with the matching basket on it. Now I have to find a place in the house to put it. I will post a photo as soon as it is all done.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Those are pretty! I have some of the patterned ones, but I love those. I am going to treat myself one of these days...why can't my Joann have any good ones?! LOL

Suzanne

Patti said...

Hi Suzanne!

Guess what?! The scissors are available on their website joann.com. That is where I got mine. My nearest Joann store is 85miles away in San Jose otherwise. I get up that way maybe once or twice a year.

Patti