Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Cozy Weekend At Home

It ended up being a rainy weekend here on the Central Coast of California. Hubby and I started yesterday by trying to beat the rain and taking Liesl to the beach. It was not to be, however, because the rain started to fall on our drive over. We found that little Miss Liesl does not like the rain and will do pretty much anything to avoid being out in it. She is our little sugar cube. LOL Since we were already out, we went off to Trader Joe's to pick up a few yummy treats to keep in the fridge. We were happy to be back home out of the rain, and settled in for the rest of the quiet weekend. Hubby even baked some yummy bread and made crab bisque for dinner.

The rain that we had was a really good one and much needed. Hubby and I went for a walk with Liesl early this morning. Everything just smelled so fresh and clean. The Central California dust was washed off of everything, so it all of the colors were so bright and vivid. The greens looked especially vibrant.

It was really nice to have the extra hour this weekend. It feels pretty decadent. It was nice to be home, watching the race and doing some stitching. I finished the stitching for the basket topper, but was not inspired enough to do the finishing for the actual basket. You have to be in a special mood for that. So now I am perusing the stitching instructions for the hardanger doily. It is really pretty. There are quite a few specialty stitches in both parts, but they are my favorites like the queen stitch.

I am glad that we got to relax and be cozy this weekend. Tomorrow is my first day of my working only at my new job. I am so excited.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Good luck at the new job!

Suzanne