Monday, July 30, 2012

Blessings

It is amazing to me that in troubled times that we can receive our greatest blessings.  I think about this a lot when I am thinking about all of the blessings that I have received since I have been sick.  I think about how people have reached out in kindness to me and how my friendships have deepened.  My friends call several times a week and we always tell each other that we love each other. I think of how grateful I am to each of you who have sent kind messages, words of encouragement and prayers.  It is a beautiful thing to be surrounded in love.  I also think of how much I appreciate my family and my little dog.  She is so sweet and just makes me laugh.

I also appreciate my journey of faith.  I love reading my Bible and love all of the reminders of God's love for us.  We are children of the King and are loved very much.  He may not always give us what we want but I have found that he has always provided what I need.  I think of things that I thought I wanted in the past and I am grateful that he had a better plan for me and did not give me what I thought I wanted.  I am glad that His will was done and not mine.  

I also think about the lessons that I learn from my smart little Liesl.  She lives totally in the moment and is so full of joy.  She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired.  She does not worry about a whole lot.  I caught her teaching me something else the other day.  I had to run over to the pharmacy and another errand and took her in the car with me.  She did not care where we were going.  She was happy with the journey.  She had her head out the window, smelling the air, the breeze blowing her beard around.  When we got back home, she smelled all of the flowers in the yard, sat in the sunshine and just smiled after eating a cookie. She has so much to be happy about in each moment.  

I think that I have much to be happy about, too.  My relationships, the beauty of the Monterey Peninsula, my  Liesl, books, art, my hobbies, classical music, good food, good neighbors, chocolate, faith, and the list goes on and on.  We all have so much to be grateful for.  

May your blessings continue to be abundant.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You are so right, we have so much to be grateful for. I'm glad you're back to blogging more, have missed you. Whatever you're going through, you have all of us pulling for you--here's to sunny days!