Saturday, May 25, 2013


Whoohoo!  I am up late tonight.  Made it all the way to 10:30.  LOL  Unbelievably, I woke up at 5:30 am  and could not get back to sleep.  Liesl had gotten up to go potty and instead of ringing her bell to go out like usual, she put her little puppy arms up on the bed and stared me down until I got up.  I am still anxious and looking for anything she does that is different.  I immediately stressed out wondering why she was leaning on the bed instead of ringing the bell, which is out of the ordinary.  So I could not go back to sleep afterwards.  My best friend who is a nurse practioner, said that Liesl might just be picking up my anxiety, and might have been checking on me.  She said that my worry will diminish somewhat with time, and she reminded me that Liesl has a really good momma, who is committed to keeping her healthy and taking really good care to make sure that she has a long, healthy life.  

We did have a nice morning.  It is super cold here.  So we stayed home and I puttered around the house.  I cleaned and finally got some pictures hung that I bought three months ago.  They look so awesome.  Better than I had planned.  Then, inspired,  I even organized my linen closet.  I am happy.  You know that feeling when you wake up and you realize that you can not live one more day without getting your hair cut?  The day had come.  Luckily, my hairdresser fit me into the schedule and worked her magic.  Afterwards, I got to have coffee with my best friend.  It is amazing how time with your best girlfriends can revitalize you.

Liesl and I went to her favorite park in the afternoon.  We walked by that cemetery today.  We have not gone that way in a while.  Again, Liesl stopped and hunkered down in front of the cemetery and would not walk.  I had to carry her and she was shaking.  Freaky.  She likes walking across the bridges, and along the grass, but always stops at the same spot across from the cemetery.  After we passed, she put her tail back up, and she did her happy walk the rest of the way.  We stopped at her favorite park bench so she could watch the water.  By the afternoon, there was just a bit of sun for her to bask in.  She nestled into my arms.  She was so comfy that she did not want to get up so we sat there for a really long time.  She just laid there in my arms and watched the paddle boats.  I asked her several times if she wanted to go, but she just laid there concentrating on the boats.  So we must have sat there for at least an half an hour.  It was really sweet and I enjoyed that time.  It was so tranquil.

So tonight I am so grateful for so much.  I am grateful, of course, for little Liesl and her sweet self.  I am grateful for my very wise best friend.  I am grateful for my clean house, for cold, cozy days inside.  It has been a good, full day and I am so thankful.

No comments: