Sunday, June 30, 2013

Peaceful Sunday

Today was beautiful and serene.  I went to a lovely service at church that just filled me with peace.  One thing that I love about going to church is that it centers me and revives me to face the week ahead.  For a brief moment I am reminded to try not to get caught up in the drama of human beings and to see God's hand in all things, particularly really beautiful things.

I was really happy to come home after church.  I had done all of that work yesterday (Oh, my aching legs from all of that gardening.  I was walking like Frankenstein.) so I had earned a day of rest.  I was really looking forward to coming home, changing into my sweats and stitching the afternoon away.  

I only had a little bit of excitement today.  Liesl can not seem to learn the lesson of messing with bees and tends to end up on the business end of them.  I have lavender in my back yard, which the bees love. Unfortunately, I have to spend a lot of time telling her not to snap at the bees.  Being a strong headed schnauzer, she does it anyway.  She can not help herself.  One thing led to another, and bada-bing, bada-boom, she got stung on her puppy lip.  sigh.  It is so pitiful as she tries to lick at it to sooth it.  So out came the Benadryl and the pill pockets.  And yet, she was out there again this afternoon snapping at bees.  Usually Liesl is pretty good about understanding cause and effect, however, the bees are her siren song.

Other than that, it was a beautiful afternoon.  I put on an afternoon of documentaries on the world's pyramids, got a diet Dr. Pepper out of the fridge, set up my stitching light and stitched the afternoon away.  It was like a little vacation.  At one point I put my stitching aside, got the blanket throw and took a nap to the peaceful sounds of a documentary being narrated.  I had a lovely sleep until someone decided that it was impossible for me to sleep and rub her head and ears.   Therefore, she needed to remedy the situation to her benefit.  She did let me lay there and knows just where to stand so that my hand can rub her sweet head.  

I am looking forward to having the extra day off this week.  I have invitations to do something, but I feel that it is kind of a dangerous day to be on the roads.  Too many people drinking and getting behind the wheel.  So if I can keep the house orderly in the madness that it closing out the quarter at work, I may just take another lazy day on Thursday with my furry girl and take our walks close to home.  I am pretty excited this week because our company has declared Wednesday and Friday as jeans day at work.  This is something that never happens because we have a very professional environment and have a pretty strict dress code for business attire.  So jeans are a super special treat.  We still have to look professional in them and they have to look nice but it is something to look forward to.

I wish you many blessings in the week ahead.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing the peace. Made me feel calm just to read the post. Enjoy Thursday