Monday, January 5, 2009

Bummer, dude...

I am bummed. I took a really nice photo last evening of the beach at sunset to post. I have spent the last hour looking, and for the life of me, I can not find my fire wire. I have the sinking feeling it is at the other address. I will not make it over there until later on in the week. Now I am sad...This week has been a treasure hunt for all kinds of small treasures. Most of them power cords or the cord to my Ipod. I have come seriously close to no bars on my cell phone and had to conserve my phone calls until I finally found it. Have I mentioned that I hate moving?

Anyhoosky, the photo was quite nice. Now that we have moved closer to town, Liesl and I have been taking hour long walks to the beach, whereupon I let her off lead so she can run like the wind and clear the beach of all of those pesky birds. When we first got our little furbaby, we did a lot of research. The research said that miniature schnauzers need at least a 30-45 minute walk a day. So since we got her, one of us takes her for at least 30 minutes in the morning. She loves her walk and she goes rain or shine.

The beach has always been her happiest place on earth. She has always had a standing date with her daddy on Saturday mornings to go to the beach as soon as her little puppy feet hit the floor. It was always a half hour drive to the beach, but now it is within a half hour walk. I think it makes her crazy just knowing it is so close. Several times this week, I have found her in the morning just sitting in front of the door, waiting for her walk. She bounds down the stairs just so happy.

All of this long walking has done two things: 1) I am finding that my pants are fitting a little more loosely. Um, yay! 2) Liesie has been taking some really good naps. I am finding that I do not groan when I stand up, and the hills are becoming easier. Plus I really like the time shared with Liesie, with her happily trotting down the street. It is cool to see her so happy.

I am sure that I will have plenty more opportunities to take photos. Hopefully, I will be able to find my fire wire by then. LOL

No comments: