Monday, January 26, 2009

A Visit From the Flu...Ugh!

Well, last night after I posted, I went right to bed. I do not remember if I actually fell asleep or not. All I knew was that around 10:45 the first wave of what quickly became apparent was the stomach flu started. Ugh! I hate the stomach flu. It was a long night and much to my distress, I did not go to work today. I love my job, but figured that it would be totally unfair to expose anyone else to this, particularly since we have a huge project starting later this week.

The only thing that made me feel better was laying absolutely still today. I was blessed because, Liesl decided that she was sick too, LOL, and slept all day next to me in bed. She layed really super still, too. It was nice to have her company and her warmth. Since she is a busy little dog normally, I was impressed that she instinctively knew that I just needed to lay still, and went with the plan. She really is a cool little doggie.

I finally was able to eat a little white rice for dinner. Liesie, going with the theme of doing what momma does, had white rice with chicken broth. This is the meal that she gets when she is sick or hurt, so I think she liked the spoiling. I was able to finally take a shower, too.

Needless to say, I was not in shape to stitch. Since I needed to sit perfectly still, stitching was far from my mind. But tomorrow is a new day, and I hope to be with needle and thread then.

Stay healthy everyone!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Patti, I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself!