Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pssst! Ginghers Are On Sale At 123stitch!

The only thing I like as much as stitching is looking at pictures of stitching. This is why the whole bloggy thing is so interesting to me. I get to look at lots of finished projects. Very cool. When the Nordic Needle catalog arrives, it is almost like a holiday. I feel like I have to savor it and read it really slow, several times over. I think it may be a throwback to my childhood in the 60's and 70's, when the Sears catalog would arrive and my sister and I would go through it together page by page. (It is sort of sad that this is not something that kids do anymore. My sister and I would pick out drapes and furniture for our imaginary grownup houses, and our future wedding gowns.) Anyway, this is something I still do with the Nordic Needle catalog.

I have to say that I also love receiving the online sales at 123stitch. It gives me a chance to look at designs that I may not normally be aware of. I have to say that I was surprised recently to see that Gingher Roberta 4" scissors are on sale for $25.73. It is rare to find Ginghers Designer scissors for less than $30. Roberta is certainly lovely. However, I am on the hunt for Sarah. I had heard that people were finding them at JoAnn fabrics, which sadly are not less than 100 miles away. Sniffle. I am still kicking myself that a few months ago I actually had Emma's in my hand, but put them back in a moment of financial responsibility.

I did get to stitch at lunch today. It was a nice warm day, so it was nice to sit in my car and stitch away. It made me happy. I am working on the rosebuds on the mirror frame. The colors are so pretty together. If I can get my act together I will post a photo soon!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I want to see a picture!

I love Ginghers too.

Carolyn said...

Ohhhh I'm a Gingher collector, too. I wish I would have known you needed Sarah's. The closest Joanns is 100 miles from me, too, but I was in one last week and would have picked them up for you. Do they sell them online??? Just a thought....
I hope you find them!

Patti said...

It makes me happy that such nice people visit my blog. Thank you for taking the time to post such kind comments. It really makes my day!